cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Dimensioning Drafts

mlocascio
4-Participant

Dimensioning Drafts

Gurus,

I am trying to find a way to display draft dimensions – that makes more sense. Here is a picture of what I have:

Is there any way (without adding additional geometry) to show this dimension so that it comes from the outer-lower corner?

Michael P. Locascio

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

create as driven dim in 2d DWG? place it where/how you want it?

Or create as driven dim in 3d space then show it on your DWG (place it
where/how you want it)

Just a thought.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Michael P. Locascio <
-> wrote:

> Gurus,
>
>
>
> I am trying to find a way to display draft dimensions – that makes more
> sense. Here is a picture of what I have:
>
>
>
>
>
> Is there any way (without adding additional geometry) to show this
> dimension so that it comes from the outer-lower corner?
>
>
>
> Michael P. Locascio
>

How about using the Make Line option as illustrated… no new geometry but simply referencing a vertex to create a vertical (or horizontal) reference…

Paul Mailloux ▪ Program Manager

NyproMold, Inc.

144 Pleasant St, Clinton, MA 01510 ▪ www.nypromold.com
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:mlocascio)

Paul Mailloux,

This is ok, if I were looking to add fake dimensions to a drawing. Personally I prefer to use the dimensions from the model as much as possible.

Michael P. Locascio

Top Tags