cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Display mass units in BOM report

esivignon
1-Newbie

Display mass units in BOM report

Hi all,

I want to show mass units in a BOM report like this one :

Snap6.jpg

I've tried many parameters, but none are accessible in this report.

But I think it must be available somehow because it is displayed in the "model info" report :

Model_info.jpg

I know I could do it by adding user defined parameters and relations, but I am using a lot of old parts that can't be modified.

Any hint ?

Thanky you !

Eric

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:esivignon)

Units are not parameters that are available. They only way to automate adding them as parameters to all of your models is to use Model Check. Even then if you go that approach, it is not parametric.

Hi Christopher, thank you for the answer.

I don't get how you can automatize this with ModelCheck ?

I found this thread that explains how to do it with relations, but this is nothing automatic and I would need to update a feww hundreds part ...

Pro/E Model unit parameter

Thanks !

Eric

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:esivignon)

Eric, to be honest I have not done a lot of work with ModelCheck. The few times I have played with it I have found it to be archaic and frustrating to use. I do know that it can be configured to do what you are asking however. I have read about other people doing it. Below is an email I received in 2008. Attached is the corresponding file that is referenced.

Hello Mr. Rees,

This email is in reference to call# 6329805 with description:
"Customer requests information regarding whether the units visible in the #Tools > #Parameters > Reported Mass Properties window can be called out in a repeat region in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0.  The procedure described in TPI 130247 is no longer valid.
http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=130247"

Please take a look at the attacked file for the syntax needed to create the unit parameters.

Please let me know if this works or if you need additional help.  You can contact me by responding to this email directly, by adding a comment to the call, or by calling 1-800-477-6435, dialing ‘0’ for the operator and referencing your call number.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

I should mention something else that might be helpful. Config option:

mp_calc_level all_models

This config option makes Creo report out all of the mass property data (including units) for all components in an assembly. I use this report combined with some external scripting to extract the units for all of the components. If you know how to program you might be able to use that as well.

Alternatively if any of the Creo APIs will also give you this information, but those require a higher level of programming.

Top Tags