cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Display options in a drawing

mmasih
4-Participant

Display options in a drawing

Hello,

I want to use pre-defined views in a drawing. A view contains transparent, shaded and hidden parts at the same time. Has anyone an idea how to solve it. Why is the option "view display options" inactive, as you can see in the picture below?

Many thanks for any answer! 

Regards,

Michael

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:mmasih)

Michael,

"Use parent view style" is applicable for detailed views.

Hi,

look at View States category.

MH

Martin Hanák
mmasih
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Mahesh and Martin,

As you can see in the picture above the option "Use parent view style" is inactive. Do you know how to activate it. In the category "View States" I can't select the view styles, see pic. below! 

Regards,

Michael

Hi,

Yesterday I expected that Combined state created in Assembly mode will solve your problem. Today I found Combined View for drawing discussion - Antonius Dirriwachter (26-Nov-2013 21:03) explains, that visibility properties defined and available in Assembly are ignored in Drawing mode. I think that your request cannot be resolved.

MH

Martin Hanák
mmasih
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

My question was not clear enough I suspect. That's why once again:

I would like to define different styles in the assembly model to use them in the drawing later. See example below:

I thought to find the related option in the drawing mode in the category "View display" as I posted the problem yesterday. Has anyone an idea how to link those styles in a drawing? Please let me know.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

style definitions are ignored in Drawing mode, therefore you are lost. Of course you can place screeenshots in the drawing ... (I am just kidding...).

MH

Martin Hanák

Style State created in assembly mode is currently not supported in drawing.

There is already an Idea added to the community for this issue: Combined State in drawing does not carry Style

I've added a comment to the Idea and marked it for future consideration.

OK, thanks!

Michael

Top Tags