cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Displayed limits

dbolden
4-Participant

Displayed limits

My nominal dimension in the model is a place decimal but what I want displayed on the drawing is 4 places:  Ex. 1.76925 with a tolerance of ±.00025.  This should drive 1.7695 / 1.7690.  When I go into the dimension properties, if I change the dec. places in the "Value and Display" at the top it changes my 1.76925 to 1.7693.  When I change the decimal places to 4 in the "Tolerance" section with limits set to what I want displayed it changes back to a 5 place dec.

I have changed my Tol_Display to Yes in both my drawing/prepare and also in the Config.pro.  Neither has made a difference.  Is ther something else I need to change?  I know the logical person is going to say "Well ya, you took 1.76925 and said make me 4 place".  What I am trying to do is what can be done in Solid Works in 3 seconds.

Please help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dbolden)

You need to check "Rounded Dimension Value" before changing the decimal places to 4.

limits.PNG

dbolden
4-Participant
(To:dbolden)

The answer appears to be Check the Rounded Dimension Value BEFORE changing desired dec places.  Thanks Tom Uminn.

Top Tags