Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Alternate Dimensions

Displaying Alternate Dimensions

I have a drawing where the part and drawing are setup in metric units. I would like to display a single dimension in the drawing in inches. From what I have been told by PTC there is no way to do this and have the dimension still be associative. Their solution is to simply overide the value and type it in. Has anyone figured this out? it's seems as simple as having an option box on the dim properties or even dividing the dimension by a constant. Or, is it really impossible?
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Displaying Alternate Dimensions

"Brice Arnold" wrote:

I have a drawing where the part and drawing are setup in metric units. I would like to display a single dimension in the drawing in inches. From what I have been told by PTC there is no way to do this and have the dimension still be associative. Their solution is to simply overide the value and type it in. Has anyone figured this out? it's seems as simple as having an option box on the dim properties or even dividing the dimension by a constant. Or, is it really impossible?

Bumped

All,

I think this question might have been created as a "Discussion" type. You might have better responses by creating a new thread of the "Question" type.

That's funny. He's been waiting for almost 8 years for an answer.

I was referring to William who bumped this thread on 2/4/15.

Hey ClintWalton - you're right, so I've marked this as a "Question" (admins now have this ability in Jive 7, even after the 15 minute window has passed).

Hopefully someone can chime in with some help for ptc-6795664 here and we can get this marked with a "Correct" answer. No need to create a new discussion.

You didn't reply to William.

I had already suggested that it was time to trim some threads, which would have resulted in a new thread being created. 8 years is old enough.