cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Displaying threads on a surface in a view perpendicular to the axis

jliddane
1-Newbie

Displaying threads on a surface in a view perpendicular to the axis

Hello,

I am having issues trying to display cosmetic threads created from the standard "hole" modelling option in CREO 2.0.

Here are some screens to show my problem more clearly.

I have created a test part 50mm in diameter with an M16 hole through the center

wireframe_thread.PNG

Now, on the drawing If I shows a view on the front surface (no section) I would expect there to be the thread displayed with the hole. As you can see this is not the case:

drawing_thread.PNG

What is interesting is that the auto generated dimension for the thread size points to the cosmetic (in this case it is seen to be pointing to nothing)

Can anyone help with this? I have played around with the thread_standard option and I am not having any joy there.

Thanks,

Joe

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

not sure but you may want to check your dtl option hlr_for_threads and set this to yes.

You may also want to check to be sure that this is not put automatically on a hidden layer.

Joe,

in my Creo Parametric 2.0 M070 I can see the following drawing view.

view.png

I attached testing.dtl saved from my drawing. You can click File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > change in Detail Options row, save list of detail options from your drawing and compare them with my list.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help on this. I have loaded in your drawing options but still no luck - which leaves me wondering whether is is hidden in the layer tree somewhere.

any ideas?

Please upload your model and drawing using How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin, see the attached files.

Thanks again for looking into this.

I opened the files and I got this:

no-hlr.png

When I select the icon "Fast HLR for Drawing", it replicated what you are experiencing.

with-hlr.png

Thank you Ron, problem solved!

Top Tags