cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Distance measuring plane to multiple axes

sjohnson-2
3-Visitor

Distance measuring plane to multiple axes

My company recently installed Creo2, and I have an issue with measuring that a search did not find a solution for. Forgive me if there is some simple explanation for my problem, but no one here can help.

In Wildfire, if you wanted to measure from a plane to an axis, I picked the plane, changed my select to axis, and then I could select multiple axes to get dimensions. This is very helpful when designing parts that are bolted together with irregular bolt patterns.

Now I select my plane, and then change the type to axis, and control-select an axis. That gives me a dimension. But if I control-select more axes, I get an error, as the program can only deal with one plane and one axis at a time. I have to click right click remove then then again control-click to get a second axis measurement. Oh, and I have to open the various boxes of the Measure: distance box to see all of this.

Has the program gone backwards in terms of usability, or am I missing something really basic?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's not really basic, just one of those strange little things

Select your plane, then use <Ctrl> and select your axis, then, right mouse button on the axis selection and click next to Replace (a tick will appear), this will then replace the reference that is identified with the little blue ball with each new selection (you won't even neec <Ctrl> anymore)

As for the other configuring bits and bobs there is a little piece of paper type icon for the 'options' in the measure tool and they might give you what you're after.

Hopefully I have understood your question properly and that is what you want?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It's not really basic, just one of those strange little things

Select your plane, then use <Ctrl> and select your axis, then, right mouse button on the axis selection and click next to Replace (a tick will appear), this will then replace the reference that is identified with the little blue ball with each new selection (you won't even neec <Ctrl> anymore)

As for the other configuring bits and bobs there is a little piece of paper type icon for the 'options' in the measure tool and they might give you what you're after.

Hopefully I have understood your question properly and that is what you want?

This works; thank you. It's still less usable than the WF4 method, but it works.

Alternatively, why wouldn't you be able to pick multiple axes and have measurements show up for each one in the "results" area? THAT would be an improvement. Oh well..

You can do them as Saved Analyses and then you can have them peppering your model with litte + signs (I would recommend you only have a few visible!) you can look at the (dynamically updating) value by hitting the +, make them go away again using the -, and move them around on the screen.

Through Analysis tab and Saved analysis you can toggle between seeing and not seeing with a left click, be a little careful as it is easy to do a 'double click' then you're into redefining the measure.

Top Tags