cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Drafting Question

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Drafting Question

Greetings,

Totally non-Creo. Tapping your drafting skills.

I have wondered from time to time. Perhaps it is written?

Please see attached.

If AA is a section and a view BB is taken from a section - can the view be shown in full or does one assume its partial?

Thanks,

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:wfalco)

I would call it "poor practice" to create a view (or section view) from an view that is a cross section itself.

I also would say I do it all the time, it's poor practice but I'm good with it.

I have never seen a view shown "partially" because it was taken from an x-section view.

If you feel it needs to be partial, make sure you sketch your break so it's obvious it's broken away (not a straight line)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I would call it "poor practice" to create a view (or section view) from an view that is a cross section itself.

I also would say I do it all the time, it's poor practice but I'm good with it.

I have never seen a view shown "partially" because it was taken from an x-section view.

If you feel it needs to be partial, make sure you sketch your break so it's obvious it's broken away (not a straight line)

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:StephenW)

Ya....

It's an oddball.

It was a request. I did not care to do it. So I questioned it. We are not going this route now.

We are doing something else that I also don't agree with....but...whatever...

Thanks Steve

Wayne

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Wayne,

Try asking that question in the Eng-Tips.com Drafting Standards, GD&T and Tolerance Analysis group at this URL:  https://www.eng-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=1103

Top Tags