cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Drawing: Dimensioning a 3D view. [WF4]

IanEdwards
1-Newbie

Drawing: Dimensioning a 3D view. [WF4]

Imagine a simple cube 50mm x 50mm x 50mm.

If I place a isometric view down on the sheet, how can I dimension that view accurately? Simple dimension creation seems to project the dimension lines flat to the page which gives an false dimension. Showing the dimension doesn't work either, See picture:

3d.JPG

Regards.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Use Show/Erase to show a model dimension or create an annotation dimension and show that that in the 3D view.

Showing the dimension will not work. Can you be more specific on creating annotation dimensions and displaying them in a drawing?

If it's not working check your drawing options *.dtl for the option allow_3d_dimensions and set to yes. These are shown model dimensions. You can also create annotion features in the model that will do the same.

I have been able to create the dimension as an annotation, however, I am having difficulty getting it to display in the Isometric view within a drawing. Please explain in further detail what I need to do to get this to show up.

Thanks,

Andrew

The first thing to do is set the drawing option allow_3d_dimensions to yes. Drawing Options is found under File>Properties in WF4. This sets the option for the current drawing only. You can setup a drawing.dtl file and set the config.pro option drawing_setup_file to use this dtl file when you create new drawings. If you are using a drawing template you need to check the settings for the template and update it if required. Once you have your view created you should be able to use the Show/Erase dialog box and select the dimension button to show the model dimensions or dimension annotations.

Top Tags