cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Drawing Properties Will Not Start Up With Formats

kaci_54459
1-Newbie

Drawing Properties Will Not Start Up With Formats

I have set up 'drawing property files' for each of my A,B,C,D formats. I saved them in the working directory folder where my formats are located. They still wont start up when I'm making new prints. Is there a way to fix this? I would like to save some time so I'm not having to open the drawing property files when I begin each drawing.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Drawing properties are part of the drawings. You can import properties to replace the ones a drawing has, but I think .dtl files are not otherwise noticed. I'm pretty sure drawing properties are not affected by the format either. If you create template drawings, those can have properties and formats set up, ready to go.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:kaci_54459)

You can put the prodetail.dtl in your "text"directory(like config.pro).

Or you can point to it in the config.pro like:

drawing_setup_file C:\creo-defaults\prodetail.dtl

If you have your own standards directory.

Or use templates like David said.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:Inoram)

Thanks Matt, I'd forgotten about the config option and I'll say it's because I'm away from my usual documentation.

On a side note, ever notice the ton of non-text files that are in the text directory?

Top Tags