cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Drawing Section name deleted

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet

Drawing Section name deleted

Hi people,

Using CREO 2 .

I unfortunately deleted ( not erased ) the name of a section view ( Section A-A).

Is it possible to have the name back in automatic way or

have I to write manually a new simple note ?

Thanks in advance

Pier

4 REPLIES 4
jmayer
4-Participant
(To:pdiletti-2)

Change the view to a non-sectioned view, then change it back to a section view. The view label should reappear.

Thank you Jason.

Easy and quick method without losing dimensions already defined !

Pier

cmoreno
6-Contributor
(To:pdiletti-2)

Really? Easy and quick? How about adding a checkbox to the drawing view properties dialog?

You know why they don't do that? Because creo is not really parametric. That text isn't a parameter you can just add or delete. This company is a crime against usability.

I just looked at an instance where this can be problematic.

I have a section view with a detailed view coming from that section. If I delete the detail note, there is no easy way to bring it back that I could find.

If I delete the the section view note, it comes back if you make a change to the view properties. That one is fairly persistent. But the detail note is not.

If this is your case, I might suggest duplicating the view; moving the applicable dimensions to the new view; and deleting the view where the note was deleted. Then rename and relocate the new view as if nothing ever happened.

Top Tags