cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Drawing Snapping Dimension Text

sfriedrich
4-Participant

Drawing Snapping Dimension Text

Hello,

I'm making a drawing of a fixture I made in parametric.

About 10 dimensions in, the text started to snap to an invisible grid.

Prior to this, I could drag the text dimension around smoothly. Place it where ever I wanted.  Now it seems to be snapping to a grid.

Is this a setting I can change?

-Steph

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:sfriedrich)

Not sure how you turned it on, but look in File>Options>Sketcher>"Snap to Grid" and/or Sketch tab>Sketcher Preferences>"Snapping" to turn it on/off.  To see the grid, Sketch tab>Draft Grid>Show Grid.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sfriedrich
4-Participant

Saving and restarting the program reset the dimension snap feature.

But I would still like to know what setting this is. And how to change it in the future.

Prior to restarting the program, I could make new dimensions but they also snapped to a grid.

mender
6-Contributor

Not sure how you turned it on, but look in File>Options>Sketcher>"Snap to Grid" and/or Sketch tab>Sketcher Preferences>"Snapping" to turn it on/off.  To see the grid, Sketch tab>Draft Grid>Show Grid.

Top Tags