cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Drawing Tabs - Selecting and modifying everything (dimensions,notes,views, tables) in a drawing at one time

ptc-4583686
1-Newbie

Drawing Tabs - Selecting and modifying everything (dimensions,notes,views, tables) in a drawing at one time

Anyone know how to select anything inside a drawing whether it be a note or table or dimension etc at one time instead of having to first select the appropriate tab above first before you can select or modify it?

Is there anything you can do to override having to first select the drawing tabs shown on the top of the drawing before you can select it or even modify it?

Example: I have to select the "table" tab before I can edit any text inside the table cells

I am finding this new feature on Pro engineer very ineffective and time consuming in having to pre select the dimension tab before I can select or modify the dimensions

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mike...

You can use the ALT key to allow you to select things (like dimensions while in the Layout tab instead of the Annotations tab). However, nothing will put the proper commands on the right mouse button when you're not in the correct tab.

I'm only speaking about the functionality up to Creo 1. Maybe in Creo 2 we have the ability to customize that right-click menu. Or... maybe some of the tab restrictions have been lifted?

I know you can also tap the ALT key to bring up hotkeys for each tab and the commands under those tabs. You can use those hotkeys to quickly navigate between tabs. It's not the most efficient method but with practice I've gotten very quick. I'd admit we need something better though.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hold "Shift" + select the entity.

holding shift doesn't do anything...if my drawing is in the "layout tab" nothing can be selectesd by holding shift, also even if it can be selected it cant be modified

Try the ALT key.

Hi Kevin: Alt key allows you to select things in the drawing however when you right click the item there is nothing in the pop up menu that will allow you to edit the dimension, table or whatever you have seleted with the alt key....so you can in fact select it however if it is a dimension unless you are in the annotate tab above you cannot modify anything about it...

Hi Mike...

You can use the ALT key to allow you to select things (like dimensions while in the Layout tab instead of the Annotations tab). However, nothing will put the proper commands on the right mouse button when you're not in the correct tab.

I'm only speaking about the functionality up to Creo 1. Maybe in Creo 2 we have the ability to customize that right-click menu. Or... maybe some of the tab restrictions have been lifted?

I know you can also tap the ALT key to bring up hotkeys for each tab and the commands under those tabs. You can use those hotkeys to quickly navigate between tabs. It's not the most efficient method but with practice I've gotten very quick. I'd admit we need something better though.

Thanks!

-Brian

Going back and looking at what I was doing doing I was in Creo 1. Seems like PTC started to switch over in WF5 and continued to make changes in Creo 1. I'm able to select annotations without having to use the ALT key ( also noticed Annotation is now in the selection filter) but would have to check to see what I get for a RMB menu.

Top Tags