cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Template Repeat Region

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Drawing Template Repeat Region

@bwudtke, did you succeed in showing "DRAWING_TABLE" in your repeat region?

Highlighted

@HamsterNL   Thank you so much for the time on this.  This helps alot, I have gotten the table to work, but still am having problems with the filter to remove anything that does NOT have the "DRAWING_TABLE" parameter.   I have tried adding a filter, &asm.mbr.param == DRAWING_TABLE, but it removes everything from the table.  Thoughts?

Highlighted

Try

&asm.mbr.param.name == DRAWING_TABLE

Highlighted

That did not seem to work. 😕  I have attached my drawing file if this helps at all.  

Highlighted

@bwudtke,

I have taken a quick look at your example.

To make it work, I had to edit the Repeat Region Relations, and remove the top half where a "LOST SYMBOL" was being used.

So the Relations are now:

/************************************************************
if exists ("asm_mbr_ptc_material_PTC_MATERIAL_NAME") /*if item is a material
if search (asm_mbr_ptc_material_ptc_material_name,"SI") == 1 /* global material?
KPS = asm_mbr_ptc_material_kpsmat
SDMO = asm_mbr_ptc_material_ptc_material_description
thick = asm_mbr_ptc_material_thickness
mm = 'mm '
endif
endif

/*************************************************************************

/* START - part name

IF search (asm_mbr_name,"_") == 0 /*Search for an underscore in the part name
partnum = asm_mbr_name
ELSE
partnum = extract(asm_mbr_name,1, search (asm_mbr_name,"_") - 1) /* If name has an underscore, then truncate the Part No.
endif

/* END - part name

Then I modified the Filter to:

&asm.mbr.param.name == DRAWING_TABLE

The table then showed only two entries B (the two bulk items)

Highlighted

@HamsterNL   This is what did it!!  Thank you so much!

Highlighted

Can you show an actual generic part number and describe what you are doing?

Highlighted

All I am trying to do is filter a "simple" repeat region to only show parts that have the parameter "DRAWING_TABLE."  The file above has a sheet metal part BOM with two bulk items that contain the parameter "DRAWING_TABLE" and the sheetmetal file part in the BOM does not include the parameter.  I just have to get the correct table filter to only show parts that have "DRAWING_TABLE" included and am having a hard time.

Filter:

&asm.mbr.param == DRAWING_TABLE 

or

&asm.mbr.param.name == DRAWING_TABLE 

doesn't work

Highlighted

From your screenshot of the BOM, are these items added as bulk items into your assembly?

If they are, what is the parameter name you are using for the BOM table?

Like Hamster shows, the code gets convoluted if there is any deviation. Will it always be SPEC_X_######?

Stripping the SPEC_ is easy, as shown. Parsing the rest, unless a fixed format, is difficult.

I will repeat myself and say the easiest solution is to add a parameter for draw_spec to your files and use that in the BOM. If the spec is the partname, then put the relations in your file to generate the parameter for every part.

Highlighted

I do find the option of adding a bulk item to the assembly a good idea, but the original thought was that we only would have to add a parameter that would always be "SPEC_#####"

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.