cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Drawing Text Disappears

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Drawing Text Disappears

WF4, M220

I'm having situations where, in certain drawings only, all text on the drawing will disappear.  The common denominator seems to be creating the drawing from a drawing template, although the issue does not affect all drawings created from that template.  I have an assy template and a part template, and some, not all, drawings created from them have the issue.  In some cases, a brand new drawing from the template will have text only for an instant, it disappears almost immediately.

This is text in notes, tables and repeat regions alike.  In the tables, all the cells are there and the number of (blank) lines in a repeat region table will be right, but the table is blank.  I can double click in a table cell and the text will return, but only temporarily.  Updating the drawing views makes the text disappear again.  For notes, the text is simply gone, no way to get it to return, even for notes that contain only a parameter value.  Switch dim symbols has no effect.

If an object has an affected drawing, a new drawing created without the template seems to be fine.

Anyone seen anything like this and have a fix aside from re-creating affected drawings from scratch?

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
3 REPLIES 3
Wyc
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dgschaefer)

Having the same problem in Creo 3. Any solutions?
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Wyc)

Check the drawing layers and make sure you don't have the 'ALL_NOTES' layer (or equivalent) hidden.

Thanks for saving my time 🙂

Top Tags