cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Drawing dimensions disappearing

MikeMarcoux
11-Garnet

Drawing dimensions disappearing

We're in Creo 3 M070, and I've run into a strange problem in a drawing.

When I unerase a model dimension annotation in a drawing, it shows without any issue.  The dimension is displayed.  When I switch sheets, and come back to that sheet, it's gone.  Switching sheets just erases all the dims.  It's like their status is saved somehow.  Anyone run into this?  Am I missing a setting?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

Ok, I think I figured it out.  If this is true, it seems like a bad feature/process.  If you are still in a the Annotation menu when you switch sheets, all unerased dimensions revert to their previous state. You have to switch to a different tab before switching sheets.  If you switch sheets, the dimensions remain unerased and shown.  

This is very counter-intuitive.  Why would this even be a feature? 

mender
6-Contributor
(To:MikeMarcoux)

I can't think of a reason that being in the Annotation tab while navigating sheets would cause dimensions to be erased.  May I recommend filing an SPR?  There may be a legitimate reason for the behavior, but offhand it sounds suspicious to me, and likely to be a bug.

Thanks Matthew.

Turns out that is even more bizarre than I anticipated.  If I save the daring, and then close, erase not displayed, and reopen the drawing... all the shown dimensions (that I unerased) disappear.  Any thoughts on what could cause this behavior?  This is a large drawing which I'd prefer not to redraw. 

mender
6-Contributor

Not really -- if there were a known cause, we'd have fixed it.

Actually, that does suggest something.  File>Open>[drawing], File>Prepare>Drawing Properties>Drawing Options, enter 'update_drawing' for the option name and 'all' for the value, OK, regenerate and save.  If the drawing no longer exhibits the problem, then it was something that we fixed in a previous build, but had to include versioning protection for the fix, and all you need to do is inspect the drawing to see that any changes are good ones.

Hi Matthew,

Unfortunately that did not work. 

mender
6-Contributor

It was worth a shot.  I'll go back to my previous recommendation, that you send it our way as an SPR.

Thanks.

One odd thing that I noticed.  After I get the model dimension to show, if I select "update draft" on the review tab, the dimension will erase itself.  Regenerating, and updating sheets have zero effect, but update draft causes the dimension disappear.  (also, noob question - what does SPR stand for?)

mender
6-Contributor

It's short for Software Performance Report, which is long for bug report.  It's what Tech Support sends to Development when a support call isn't resolved directly.  So I suppose I should probably say 'tech support call' or 'case' instead.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:mender)

The rest of us call it a Software Problem Report, but I guess it's like "unexpected exit" instead of 'crash.' But then I'm a fan of the BoFH.

There are a number of items in Creo where an action is not correctly terminated when a context switch is made. For example, if one creates a Simplified Rep (or Layer??, one of those) and does not hit "return" while the name is still selected (even if a new name is typed in,) one can add a a bunch of items to the related list, but Creo will throw all those inputs away when the View manager window is closed, because the 'new name' function is never completed, therefore no name is there and there's no place for the list.

Top Tags