cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Drawing issue

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Drawing issue

I have creo elements/pro 5.0, and If you add a drawing dimension to show a radius, then do an "Edit Attachment" and change it it a diameter dimension, the dimension value shows correctly, but it still shows "R" instead of a diameter symbol.

Be warned......

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Elaborate Frank... When I edit attachment on a radius dim, I don't see the option to change it to diameter. The only method I ever knew is what abhijith suggested. This works correctly in Creo 2.

Okay, I see it now... inside the sketch, you can change a radius to a diameter. And a sketch doesn't show the R or Dia symbol. But when you go back and then Edit the feature outside the sketch, the symbol shows. You will be happy to know, Frank, this is fixed in Creo 2.0

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
avj
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:Patriot_1776)

You can't convert a radius dimension into diameter dimension using "Edit Attachment". Need to delete it and create again as a diameter dimension. However when you are doing "Edit Attachment" for radius/diameter dimensions make sure you are clicking in the right way. Otherwise the radius will show the diameter symbol and vice versa.

single click---> radius

double click--> diameter

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:avj)

I never tried it before, it had a misleading result, thought I'd warn people.

Elaborate Frank... When I edit attachment on a radius dim, I don't see the option to change it to diameter. The only method I ever knew is what abhijith suggested. This works correctly in Creo 2.

Okay, I see it now... inside the sketch, you can change a radius to a diameter. And a sketch doesn't show the R or Dia symbol. But when you go back and then Edit the feature outside the sketch, the symbol shows. You will be happy to know, Frank, this is fixed in Creo 2.0

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

This was strictly with added dimensions, in the dwg. Sorry I wan't 100% clear. The guy I'm teaching put in a dimension, but he didn't know how to get a dia dim instead of a radius. I did the "Edit Attachment", and it fixed the actual numerical value, but it still had the "R" in front of it instead of the dia symbol. So, they fixed this? Cool.

yes, in drawings, newly added dimensions no longer have the option of changing from Dia to R or visa versa. You use the single vs double click on the feature. Editing the attachment will put the appropriate symbol on the dimension. I can only see the "change to" option in sketches.

Top Tags