cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Drawing not seeing model parameters

rmckibben
1-Newbie

Drawing not seeing model parameters

Was wondering if anyone can give me a clue as to what might be wrong with this drawing. Creo 3.0. First let me say that all my other drawings are behaving fine, it's just this one that isn't working. I have a model that has parameters for description, part number, revision, etc. I have a drawing with a title block that has those same parameters in tables. Normally changing parameter values in the model reflects in the drawing. But this drawing is not seeing the model. When I go to the drawing's Parameters pop-up, and select the "Look in" drop down, click part, the right drop down isn't showing the part listed, just the drawing. I went to Layout>Drawing models>Set model and the model is listed there. All the drawing views are connected and update as usual, it's just the parameters that aren't connecting. I've been having to update them manually in the title block. What am I missing?

TIA,

Bob

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Make a simple  try.

In the drawing just right click, edit parameter then cut ( ctrl+X) the linking parameter "&...." and give OK.

Then again right click, edit parameter and paste the value.

Sometimes this work for me.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

This kind of thing happens to me when I change models. The title block info I had as parameters gets "converted" to dumb text, and I have to manually change things (unless I put the parameters back in). You could try to create a note and include one of the parameters in it to see if they are being read okay (i.e. "THIS IS THE TITLE &TITLE_FROM_MODEL").

Some of them change, some don't.

rcook
6-Contributor
(To:rmckibben)

Do a Switch Dimensions in the drawing to verify that the title block is calling for parameters and wasn't overwritten by dumb text.

Yes! It appears some of them are dumb text. Thanks. Upon closer inspection, those fields that are not updating are some of what is listed when a new title block is inserted. If I fill in the blank, that text shows up. If I skip it, there's a blank field. It's just not seeing all of the part parameters.

Also, creating a new drawing with that same title block works correctly. There's something that's corrupted in this drawing.

rcook
6-Contributor

Did you try replacing the format in the drawing? Use the same format, remove all tables. This will force it to rebuild the title block the same as a new drawing.

Several times, no luck.

rcook
6-Contributor

Oh well. It's hard for me to be of any more help without poking around in the drawing. Is it something that you can share?

You could potentially start a fresh drawing and copy everything from this drawing into it (use Import Drawing/Data). I've had to do that on occasion to fix ghost object references and a few other reasons. Then save the new drawing on top of the old one and delete the temporary drawing.

No, I can't share it. I'll just have to update the one field manually. It's a large, complicated drawing and not worth spending a lot of time trying fix. If it was something quick and easy to fix, that's different.

Make a simple  try.

In the drawing just right click, edit parameter then cut ( ctrl+X) the linking parameter "&...." and give OK.

Then again right click, edit parameter and paste the value.

Sometimes this work for me.

That actually worked, rabraham.

This happens sometimes. Seems like a regeneration issue.

That's what we meant when we suggested "putting the parameters back". Sorry it wasn't explicitly explained.

Top Tags