cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Drawing problem with dimension line striking through added text in WF5

MarkBreon
1-Newbie

Drawing problem with dimension line striking through added text in WF5

I first tried to find something about this already on the forums, but my searches came up with nothing, so I will present it.

As probably everyone here knows, text can be added to a dimension by going into its properties. For the longest time, in all the Pro/E versions I've used up through Wildfire 2, the dimension line has always automatically moved to make room for this additional text after it has been typed in. However, I noticed that when we moved up to Wildfire 5, the dimension lines no longer make room for any added dimension text. There is room for the actual dimension value itself, but not for the extra text, and the dimension line cuts right through it, which looks awful. See my attached image for visual reference. On the left are screen captures from Wildfire 2, and on the right, from Wildfire 5 (or Creo, which is what we have now). To be precise, what we are using now is Creo Elements/Pro 5.0, build M090.

I do not like this. I want it to work like it did in WF2 and before. Is there a fix? Could it be as simple as a setting in the drawing options file or config file? Using "break" to manually trim the line is not convenient, should not be necessary, and has to be re-done for any additional changes to the text or moving the dimension.

Advanced thanks to anyone who can offer a solution.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

6 REPLIES 6

Mark,

I tested your problem in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0, build M120. Vertical linear dimensions are displayed correctly, radial dimensions incorrectly. I think you have to report the problem to PTC Support.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Out of curiosity, has this issue been resolved?

currently having this issue

rreiff
1-Newbie
(To:rreiff)

oops... currently in Creo 2.0

Yes, see Clint's reply below.  Not sure which build you have; the fix was implemented in Creo 2.0 M070.  I tried it and it works.

It looks like the following article addresses this issue.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS118875

Thank you, Clint, for posting this solution.

Top Tags