cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Drawing table question

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Drawing table question

Hello all, ever since the new text editor arrived in Creo 3 I have had a niggling problem. I cannot figure out how to edit the value of a parameter in a drawing table cell when more than 1 appear in that cell. If there is only 1 parameter per cell then its easy, select the cell, you see the parameter value highlight, right click & a menu appears, towards the bottom you will see 'edit value', job done. But, if you have 2 parameter values in a cell then you see different behaviour, click the cell & both values highlight as before, but when you right click, there is no 'edit value' option in the menu that appears. This is a pain in the backside for me, i control the value of quite a few parameters via a drawing table. I can do this for 99% of them, there are just a few that i cannot change because i cannot figure out how to edit them, I have to open the parts where these parameters live & edit the values there. Before Creo 3, I did not have this small but niggling problem.

Regards

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:John.Pryal)

The other option is to change the filter to "Individual Text" before picking the text.  (This is especially helpful with repeat region cells.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Double clicking. One you select the table an the parameters highlight, double click the one you want to edit.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

The other option is to change the filter to "Individual Text" before picking the text.  (This is especially helpful with repeat region cells.)

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

Thank you guys, both options work, but I prefer Toms. So for that reason I will mark your answer as correct. Thanks again, this has bugged me for ages. I am sure I have tried double clicking the value I want in the past but could not get it to work, the parameter name rather than its value would pop up instead. Either way, it is a little fiddly.

Regards

John

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Fiddly is a good word for it. Sometimes it becomes an exercise in double clicking or un-selecting and re-selecting and trying again and then mouse location matters if you are between lines, just to make it a little more frustrating.

But I just hate changing the selection filter constantly back and forth so I deal with the double-clickza-palooza.

You make a very good point. Maybe with a little practice I will get used of the double-clickza-palooza, as you so elegantly put it.

Top Tags