cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drawing view image

Nanda123
6-Contributor

Drawing view image

I would like to know how creo stores drawing view(image) data in drawing files(.drw)?
Is creo stores drawing view(image) or texture (image) data either own file format or common formats like .jpg, .BMP, .bif file formats?
9 REPLIES 9
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Nanda123)

I don't remember specifically what "type" of file. There is an option that may tell you

save_drawing_picture_file

If you set this option to export, I believe it will create the image as an external file in the working directory.

Nanda123
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

Thank you for ur response sir @StephenW

Save_ drawing_picture_file option tells whether picture we can embedded or not. No information regarding which type of image data can store.

I need to know how creo stored and computed the image/picture data in file.

@Nanda123 wrote:
Thank you for ur response sir @StephenW

Save_ drawing_picture_file option tells whether picture we can embedded or not. No information regarding which type of image data can store.

I need to know how creo stored and computed the image/picture data in file.

Hi,

I guess that format of picture file save with drawing is proprietary. Try asking PTC support directly.

Martin Hanák
Nanda123
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank u for ur response sir @ Martin Hanák

Yes, you are right. But I am not a PTC customer and not a maintenance agreement with PTC.

Need to know, think someone have idea about it.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Nanda123)

If you are not a PTC customer and do not have a maintenance/subscription contract with PTC, how are you access this site which is for customers?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

PTC Community is open to anyone who registers but if you must have a maintenance contract to access PTC support (esupport).

@Nanda123 

Creo stores image information in encrypted format within drawing file, which is not accessible.. 

A quick question.. How will this information help you ? 

Thank you for ur response sir @Mahesh_Sharma 

once creo file into readable, Number of pixels in width, height & depth and image data will be available.

Trying to recreate the image from creo file for my project. 

@Nanda123 

Information will be encrypted in data... I don't think there is any option available to help.. 

Top Tags