cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Drwaing template with multiple sheets

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite

Drwaing template with multiple sheets

Hello!!

I am trying to create a drawing template which has got multiple sheets in it and each sheet has a different size/format. Also i need to specify the views in all the sheets along with the dimensions, hole chart & bom.

Is it possible to do that for multiple sheets in just 1 template?

Also i want only some dimensions in the drawing, is there a way to control it?

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:sparulekar)

Different size sheets for the same drawing are not allowed by the standard unless it is sheet 1 which may be smaller than the others.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:sparulekar)

Not sure if you still need help with this or not.  While a template can contain multiple sheets, and these sheets can be different sizes, a template can only refer to a single model during creation.  That means all of the sheets are going to show the same model in the views, BOMs, and dimensions.  There is no way (as far as I know) to create a template, and then have different sheets of this template refer to different models.  The only way to do this is to duplicate the drawing and all of the related models (parts and assemblies) together.  Instead of using this drawing as a "template" (in the Creo sense - new drawing), you are duplicating the entire collection of objects together using the Save-As function in Creo (or Windchill.)

Top Tags