cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Dual Dimension option grayed out

ptc-859099
1-Newbie

Dual Dimension option grayed out

I need to add a few dual dimensions to a drawing but the option under dimension properties is grayed out. This is occurring on both annotated dimensions and driven dimensions from the model. I know its got to be a config.pro option I just cant seem to find the correct one. Any ideas?
13 REPLIES 13

Make sure nothing is selected in drawing mode, right click, then >properties>drawing options>duel dimensioning "yes", default is "no"

I figured out how to get them by switching the option you have mentioned to Primary[secondary] however this changes all of the dimensions on the drawing. Any way to only get certain dimensions to show the dual dimensions?

I don't know, you got me there.

Better to set your default to Nominal, then select individual dimensions, RMB, Properties, and change the selected dimensions to Dual.

Ooops! Sorry, I scanned your message too quickly; I was answering concerning Tolerance display not Dual Dimensioning.

So a quick experiment with a drawing. I totally dimensioned it without Dual Dimensions, then made the Drawing Options change, selected individual dimensions, RMB, Properties, OK. Only those dimensions are now shown Dual.

Which drawing option did you change? Every time I tried to change a drawing option yesterday it changed all the dimensions on the drawing.

I'm afraid you're right. My experiment looked good, even after saving it, but the next time I came into Pro, all dimensions were shown as Dual. Hmmm?

Its really frustrating that the simplest of things are always over complicated or impossible in Pro/E.

Hi Nathan, try this way. For example d0=5inch and you will show this value with the unit mm in your drawing. Create a relation p=d0*25.4 Choose properties of your dimension->dimension text edit the note @d &p I hope this helps. Regards Jürgen

Thanks, that would work too. Next time I may try that out if I can remember.

3 years later, Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 this still isn't easy. As Nathan mentioned, everything with this POS software is painful. What logic is there behind this? Have the PTC guys ever tried another CAD software??? Doesn't seem like it.

Why would anyone have to program things to solve such an elementary and common thing? I can't even understand sogemeyer's comment.

Why PTC, why??

Even now, still. 😞

Top Tags