cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Dual dims issue

A.DelNegro
4-Participant

Dual dims issue

I added dual dims to a drawing and got this issue... Some of the dims are ignoring the number of digits set. Anyone know how to fix this?

Tony

[cid:image001.png@01CF549B.A25642E0]

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Tony,
The num_digit is for the PRIMARY dimension. You may need to add the following parameters to your setup.dtl.

dual_digits_diff 1
dual_dimension_brackets YES
dual_dimensioning PRIMARY[SECONDARY]
dual_secondary_units INCH

Calvin
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:A.DelNegro)

I see something else wrong.

You have trailing zero's on your metric dimensions which are not IAW ASME Y14.5m.

Is the 70 a hard dimension?

This is a known bug that is documented in SPR 2137511 . It has to do with if you turn off the rounding in the dimension properties. The workaround is to turn rounding back on for that dimension. There is an overall workaround by turning rounding back on in your config.pro (if it is off). I believe that this affects both Driving and Driven dimensions.

We came across this last year when we found a bug that would show a table pattern dimension incorrectly in a drawing. We only found 2 cases, and apparently our bug only existed in WF3. If the table dimension was say 13.625, it showed up on a drawing as 14.000. It was brought about by an odd and specific series of actions by the drafter to change the decimal places to zero, then turn off rounding, then turning rounding back on or something like that. Because of this I realized how PTC had made what I consider a fundamental change in their outlook by not only allowing MODEL dimensions to be shown rounded without it changing the actual nominal dimension but to actually making that the default. From when I first learned Pro/E on Rel.9 in 1992, if you changed the precision of a model dimension it ACTUALLY changed the nominal value ( eg. 1.125 changed to 2place precision would change the dimension to 1.13 and if you changed back to 3 place it would not return to 1.125 but instead would become 1.130). Now, I wasn't always happy with the way the old rules worked, but they were consistent with the concept that if you put it on the drawing, it's because it was in the model.

As of right now, PTC does not have any plans to fix the Secondary dimension issue, so if you are Dual Dimensioning, you MUST allow rounded display.

Rob Reifsnyder
Mechanical Design Engineer/ Producibility Engineer / Components Engineer / Pro/E SME / Pro/E Librarian
[LM_Logo_Tag_RGB_NoR_r06]
A.DelNegro
4-Participant
(To:A.DelNegro)

Thanx for the info Rob. I was able to correct the issue on one dimension buy going back into the sketch and deleting and recreating the dim, but that's a bit more work than I need at this point.

I'll try the rounding thing.

Tony
Top Tags