cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Dual languages in drawings

KeithSiddall
1-Newbie

Dual languages in drawings

I think I know the answer, but wanted to pose this question to the collective. Is it possible to have dual languages on the same drawing? I am looking to do something similar to dual dimensioning where you can have both english and metric dimensions on the same print at the same time. I would like to do that with notes, descriptions, etc. for text on a drawing.

TIA,

-Keith

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Keith,

This is something we have been struggling with lately as well. Our instance is with Chinese at the moment. We went with multi-languages on the same print route by having the first line of the note in English and the second in Chinese. As long as the font is set to font_chinese_cn for the entire note, Chinese and English show up just fine. I would love to have something like the dual dimensioning format you reference... so if anyone knows of something like this please share.

We went through a few different options for this multi language issue. Having different languages on different layers, while this would look the best, the setup and logistics of this is a nightmare. We looked at having a different drawing for each language, but that had too many configuration management concerns.

Not sure if this helped you at all, but this is a topic that I have been struggling with as well.

Derek
Engineering System Manager
Bergstrom Inc

>>> Keith Siddall <-> 7/11/2012 8:13 AM >>>

I think I know the answer, but wanted to pose this question to the collective. Is it possible to have dual languages on the same drawing? I am looking to do something similar to dual dimensioning where you can have both english and metric dimensions on the same print at the same time. I would like to do that with notes, descriptions, etc. for text on a drawing.

TIA,
-Keith
Site Links: View post online (

We are struggling with this as well. We've manually added dual languages to a drawing but found it to be very cluttered and not scalable as adding a third or fourth language just adds to the clutter. We also looked at creating additional drawings or using multiple sheets on the same drawing, both have their drawbacks from a data management and data surfacing perspective. Currently we are testing using the different languages on different layers approach. There is some additional setup but it is the most successful approach we've tried so far.
-Gregg

Windchill Business Administrator
Daktronics

Top Tags