cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Duplicate items on a Layer creates empty Layer in DXF Export

rroveto
1-Newbie

Duplicate items on a Layer creates empty Layer in DXF Export

All,

I'm trying to help out a supplier by providing them with a DXF that has three layers, One for DIMENSIONS and drawing details, one for the OUTER edges of the part and one for the outer edges and any required CUTOUTS within the part. In Creo3.0, I have no issues creating that in my drawing and/or model. When I "Save As" or "Export" to DXF, the DXF file does not acknowledge the items that are duplicated (outer edges of the part) and export the OUTER layer as blank. If I remove the Outer edges from the CUTOUTS layer, then the export works. It seems that the DXF generation cannot handle the same item being on multiple layers. I've tried every release option in the DXF export. Has anyone come across this issue?

Regards,

Richard

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:rroveto)

Layers in Creo are actually implemented as lists, and items can be on multiple lists. I expect DXF associates layer numbers to individual entity records, and that each DXF entity has only one layer entry.

I looked at http://www.autodesk.com/techpubs/autocad/acad2000/dxf/ and did not see anything firm one way or the other.

Perhaps use-edge to copy the border entities and place them on their own layer?

Top Tags