cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Dwg imported image connection being lost in Creo4

procadman
2-Guest

Dwg imported image connection being lost in Creo4

If I import an image (jpeg, bmp, png, etc) into a drawing in Creo4, then move the drawing, the connection to the image is lost.

Also, If a drawing is moved, after an image is imported, and moved back to it's original location, the connection is lost.

This only happens with a created image;  I added a ptc image (admittedly not designed for this purpose) to a drawing.  After moving the file the ptc image still displayed correctly and there were no errors reported.

These are temporary images associated only with that particular drawing.

It is not advantageous to keep all images with the drawing nor in an image standard library.

I'm hoping there is a way to integrate the image into the drawing, making the external connection unnecessary.

2 REPLIES 2

See https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Tips/2D-Detailing-Embed-Images-in-Drawings/td-p/444301

The link to the blog post seems broken but the video (.mp4) file works.

The part that is of most interest to you:

By default, the image is not saved with the drawing file but will continue to appear as long as Creo can find the image file on disk. Since this Images tool in drawings is the same tool that is used in Part and Assembly mode it follows the same behavior as in those modes. There is a config.pro option "save_texture_with_model” that when set to YES will allow the image to be saved with the model.

This is certainly not an issue associated solely to Creo 4.  This problem has plagued PTC since forever.

When the image disappears from the screen, try plotting the drawing.  Most likely, the image will plot.

I use .bmp files for logos in drawing formats.  They often disappear on the screen but have never failed to print.

For consistency, I use only .bmp files.  They always seem to work regardless of the computer I am using.

Hope that helps some.  But your problem is not unique.

Top Tags