cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Dxf Export from DWG Automation

sgunnam
12-Amethyst

Dxf Export from DWG Automation

I'm generating a dxf from Creo Drawing using the Config.pro & DXF_Export.pro setting. But, when I launch the dxf from the Autodesk Dwg TrueViewer, the picture was zoomed to a small portion of the dxf file and is a white block, as shown in the attachment (Error.jpg). I don't know what in my config.pro or Dxf_export.pro is triggering this error. The real issue is when I'm trying to save the dxf to pdf, its creating a blank page at the beginning and later the actual drawing in the second page.

Config.pro Settings: Attachment Config-Issue.Pro

Dxf_export.pro settings : 

map_color BACKGROUND_COLOR 186
map_color DIMMED_COLOR 7
map_color LETTER_COLOR 7
map_color HIGHLIGHT_COLOR 7
map_color EDGE_HIGHLIGHT_COLOR 7
map_color GEOMETRY_COLOR 7
map_color HIDDEN_COLOR 7
map_color SHEETMETAL_COLOR 7
map_color CURVE_COLOR 7
map_color VOLUME_COLOR 7
map_color SECTION_COLOR 7

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

please upload Creo drawing (+ all related files) for testing purposes.

Q: Does your Creo drawing contain bitmap picture ?

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks for responding on my issue. Please find the attachment for the requested files and let me know if you need more details.

Q/A: It's not a bitmap picture on that attachment, but I think that's what creating a blank page in the beginning of the document. Because I don't have that white spot on other dxf's, which don't have issue in the pdf generation.

Regards,

Gunnam

@sgunnam wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for responding on my issue. Please find the attachment for the requested files and let me know if you need more details.

Q/A: It's not a bitmap picture on that attachment, but I think that's what creating a blank page in the beginning of the document. Because I don't have that white spot on other dxf's, which don't have issue in the pdf generation.

Regards,

Gunnam

Hi,

unfortunatelly issue_assembly.drw is not readable. If you open it in Notepad++, you will see that the contents does not correspond with newly created Creo drawing.

Martin Hanák

Hi @MartinHanak,

Thanks for your response and its been a while and I didn't responded on your last reply because I'm not quite satisfied with my preliminary analysis on this issue and I have been looking at this issue on and off all these days. But seems like, I figured out the issue but not a solution 😥. The issue with the drawing is when I'm trying to export it to DXF using Config.pro settings, the default settings in the "Export Environment for DXF" window for "Sheets" tab are pointing to "Current Sheet as Paper space" rather than "Current Sheet as model space". This is what triggering the issue in the down stream process. I don't think I have any config option assigned in my config file to do this. And this is happening on this specific part drawings but not to all in the Assembly.

Question:

so I'm checking for a config setting that can allow me to set the Sheets to always point to "Current Sheet as model space", this will resolve my issue. I really appreciate your response.

@sgunnam wrote:

Hi @MartinHanak,

Thanks for your response and its been a while and I didn't responded on your last reply because I'm not quite satisfied with my preliminary analysis on this issue and I have been looking at this issue on and off all these days. But seems like, I figured out the issue but not a solution 😥. The issue with the drawing is when I'm trying to export it to DXF using Config.pro settings, the default settings in the "Export Environment for DXF" window for "Sheets" tab are pointing to "Current Sheet as Paper space" rather than "Current Sheet as model space". This is what triggering the issue in the down stream process. I don't think I have any config option assigned in my config file to do this. And this is happening on this specific part drawings but not to all in the Assembly.

Question:

so I'm checking for a config setting that can allow me to set the Sheets to always point to "Current Sheet as model space", this will resolve my issue. I really appreciate your response.

Hi,

please upload problematic files (Creo files + DXF file). I need to reproduce your problem on my PC.

Note: Issue Drawing.zip uploaded on 2019-08-08 06:31 PM does not contain valid drawing file and DXF file.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response. Please find the attachment for the requested files and let me know if you have trouble accessing these files. Could you also include the screenshots of the error messages, if having issues accessing the files, so that it could be easy for me to understand what files are missing from the zip.

Regards,

Ravindra

@sgunnam wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response. Please find the attachment for the requested files and let me know if you have trouble accessing these files. Could you also include the screenshots of the error messages, if having issues accessing the files, so that it could be easy for me to understand what files are missing from the zip.

Regards,

Ravindra

Hi,

• I dowloaded Testing.zip and unzipped it into new empty directory
  • I put your config.pro and dxf_export.pro files into the same directory
  • I launched Creo 4.0 M020 in the same directory
  • I opened f000898-1.drw drawing
  • I exported the drawing into f000898-1_mh01.dxf ... DXF export was set to "Current Sheet as model space" by default ... see f000898-1_mh01.dxf attachment
  • If I open f000898-1_mh01.dxf in DWG TrueView 2019 ... I can't see any problem

Conclusion: I do not see any problem.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags