cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Editing Overriden Dimensions Text

Kevin76
6-Contributor

Editing Overriden Dimensions Text

This has actually bothered me for quite some time, so hopefully I will get a good answer to resolve my dilemma. Occassionally I need to override dimensions, I hate to do it, but sometimes it's unavoidable. When I have a dual dimension, and I enter the text for the secondary dimension (in brackets) tolerance of +xxx/-xxx (PRO Code @++xxx@#@--xxx@#), the brackets are always normal text height, aren't big enough to encompass the tolerance and makes the overridden dimensions with +xxx/-xxx look different. This causes a problem when we use +xxx/-xxx tolerancing, because on the same drawing with shown or user defined dimensions, the brackets are big enough to encompass the tolerance. How can I edit the overridden dimension to appear the same as a shown or user defined dimension.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

If it's a character, word or string of text. If you start the (say a letter) with this bracket { a number and : type your letter then close it with the }. example {1:(}@++2.0@#--1.0@#{2:)} Hit the enter to place it on the drawing. Now you can mouse over either of the brackets, select it only, and you can ajust the fount height or type of fount. I hope I'm answering your question? It just seamed like you were saying the super and subscripted were taller than the brackets and you want the brackets a larger fount, if I'm right this should help. Frank
Kevin76
6-Contributor
(To:FrankMcDougle)

Frank, thank you for your reply and interest in helping me, I greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately, this is an overridden dimension, and, at least from what I have seen so far, I can't get your suggestion to work. I will have to try it again when I revisit that drawing. I will reply to this thread again to verify if it worked or not.
Top Tags