cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Enhancement possibility; Extrude command default depth

BrentDrysdale
7-Bedrock

Enhancement possibility; Extrude command default depth

Hi again Folks,

Lucky last enhancement possibility from earlier this year.

We use metric and maybe there is something about the size of the default model or whatever.

When I make an extrude and am zoomed in the default extrude length dimension and drag handle fall outside the window boundary. What I want is for it to always fall inside the window boundary no matter what degree of zoom I am using. That way I really do save mouse clicks as I can drag it for a small dimension or enter the dimension value on the screen for a longer (outside the window) dimension. I reckon this would be an excellent improvement and if implemented nobody would notice except to maybe wonder why it was not poor like now. Has always been a problem from WF days and I cannot remember before then.

Please note that as I design in 3D I have the config setting "sketcher_starts_in_2d no" so that I stay in the 3D view. I sometimes click the change to 2D once I have picked my references.

Regards,

Brent Drysdale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags