cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Explode sub-assembly into top-level assembly

Steto
12-Amethyst

Explode sub-assembly into top-level assembly

Dear Community,

After creating exploded states in the sub-assemblies, I would like these states to be automatically active when exploding the top-level assembly. I mean, the sub-assemblies shall explode when the top-level assembly explodes.

How can I get that?

Thanks in advance!

Stefano Cristofanelli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Steto)

Using the Default explode allows you to propagate it into the next higher assembly (start with the default explode in the next higher assembly). There was an idea for making this happen with other explodes but it was "archived" which likely means it won't be coming anytime soon.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Subassembly-Explode-States-propagate-to-higher-levels/idi-p/470472

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris3
20-Turquoise

Using the Default explode allows you to propagate it into the next higher assembly (start with the default explode in the next higher assembly). There was an idea for making this happen with other explodes but it was "archived" which likely means it won't be coming anytime soon.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Subassembly-Explode-States-propagate-to-higher-levels/idi-p/470472

Steto
12-Amethyst
(To:Chris3)

Dear Chris3 Pearl,

thank you very much for your reply. Finally, how can I save a custom exploded state as Default Explode? I tried, but I did not find out the way.

Best regards

Stefano Cristofanelli

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Maybe some else knows of a trick but I am not aware of a way to do that.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

After a little trial and error I did find the method to copy an explode state to the Default Explode:

1. Activate the explode state you wish to copy.
  2. Make a change in the explode to enable a save (should see (+) next to name)
  3. Select Edit / Save... in dialog box.
  4. Change name in Explode drop down to Default Explode and select OK.
  5. Select Update Default to warning message.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Steto
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

Dear Chris3 Pearl,

I really appreciate your help!

Thank you.

Stefano Cristofanelli

Top Tags