cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Exploded Lines break constantly in Assy

dgrobe
6-Contributor

Exploded Lines break constantly in Assy

constantly get failed explode lines in the assembly models.  obviously outdated components or whatever the reason, but the only thing to do is delete, and redo the lines.  is there something i am missing here?

9 REPLIES 9
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:dgrobe)

No, they just s#ck.  What I do is make the lines as a sketch in my dwg using references (to force parallel, etc.).  I find that's easier and more robust.

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:Patriot_1776)

we used to do it that way, then started with the explode lines, i guess we should just go back to the old way, thanks for your insight.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@dgrobe

You may vote existing Idea Explode lines editing in an explode state; Re-establish a new reference about the same issue. 

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Seems that link doesnt work, took me to an error page.. i will search for it.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@dgrobe

Link is active, may need to login in community. 

What about creating an Explode Line Sketch?

buyessay

You mean in modeling mode?  That's an interesting idea, but if you change the iso angles it'll all get FUBAR'd.  the sketch at the dwg level may be more robust because it

s 2d, but I haven't proven this.

Me, I don't like using explode lines anyway, it just clutters the dwg up IMO.  If I get the choice, I just show exploded views without the lines.

another issue with 2d sketch is that if you move the view, to another page, or if you move the view on the drawing later.. you have to redo your sketch lines and such as well.  

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

I don't believe I ran into that issue.  It's been a long time, if I remember I related them to the view and that worked.  And/or I made sure to select both the view and the sketch when moving to another sheet.

Top Tags