cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Export PDF from Wildfire 5.0 Jlink

jeffruff
4-Participant

Export PDF from Wildfire 5.0 Jlink

I am trying to export a PDF using JLink in Wildfire 5.0

I have successfully done this for dxf and stp but no luck with PDF.

I have tried the following

PDFExportInstructions pdf_instrs = null;
pdf_instrs.SetFilePath("C:\\TEMP\\pdfFileName.pdf");
drawing.Export("test", pdf_instrs);

Any help would be appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

The SetFilePath doesn't seem to specify where to store the pdf (maybe this is where to store the export instructions??). I believe the pdfis storedin your working (start in) directroy by default and I haven't figured out how to store it anywhere else, yet.

I think u should create the ExportInstructions not let it be null.

PDFExportInstructions pdf_instrs = pfcExport.PDFExportInstructions_Create();

pdf_instrs.SetFilePath("C:\\TEMP\\pdfFileName.pdf");

drawing.Export("test", pdf_instrs);

Don't know its the right to direct export from a drawing. But I have no Pro/E Lic. right now to check it.

In WF5-API setFilePath described as "The name of the output file.". Often u can use path in this description. Sometimes it's only the name and u must set the working directory path to the right location. Don't forget to reset the working directory.

Regards,

Eike

Top Tags