cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Export Technical data

dgarcia
11-Garnet

Export Technical data

I have to investigate how to export technical data from my assembly to a external file (text, Excel...) with the following assumptions:

* My product is configurable. I may have to remove some compoennts and add others.

* My product can have different positions. For example, I need center of gravity in different positions

I know how to add / remove components with Pro/Program

I know how to get movement with Mechanism or skeletons

"Inteligence" could be done in JLink

It seems quite complicated. I thought I might ask if you have done something similar, and which is your recommendation.

Best regards

Daniel Garcia

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

What data are you trying to export? Mass properties? Parameters?

We would export:

* Measurements

* Weight, x, y z position of center of gravity

I guess we would define some points here and there with "smart" names. Then we would have some program which would:

* configure the assembly (add and remove components)

* change position

* calculate mass properties and regenerate (to set mass properties data in place)

* return the distance between those points

You could write a map key to get most of that information. That would help make things go a bit faster.

You already know a lot more than I do but I thought I'd drop this hint:

Some of the 3D export formats have a checkbox for exporting parameters.

They do export by default and they can be read (ASCII) from the export file.

Not sure you want to parse 3D export files to pull a few parameters out of a model.

These would also require the parameters be created and regenerated correctly.

j-link is your answer.

Top Tags