cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Export a Table to Excel?

ptc-3106393
1-Newbie

Export a Table to Excel?

Hello, I have a really urgent need about this subject: How can I export a table in ProE to a Excel file? I know how to export a table to a Text file, but not to Excel. I work at Schneider Electric on ProE WF2. Sorry for the mistakes I'm French (but my licence is in English). My email: sylvain.ferris[at]fr.schneider-electric.com (replace the [at] by @ please) Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Sylvain. It is possible to export a csv file from Pro/E. This can be imported into Excel. When opening the file in Excel, chose 'delimited' in step 1 and 'comma' in step 2. We are using Wildfire 4, hopefully Wildfire 2 also has this export option.

Thanks, but I have a problem: I don't find the export option for .csv file I've just found "table file" and "text file" by selecting the table, and clicking on "table" > "save table". Where do you click to find the export of a .csv file?

"Anthony Howard" wrote:

We are using Wildfire 4, hopefully Wildfire 2 also has this export option.

It sounds like you dont have the option. It's in the same place as 'As Table File' and 'As Text File' (Table>Save Table>As CSV File).[/img]

Ok, you're right, I don't have this option... I will try to resolve it with the exportation of a text file. Thank you for helping me I've just found another problem: when I export a text file, ProE create a Versionned file like this: *.txt.1 That is a little restrictive for the macro in Excel which will import this file. Do you have an idea for delete automatically the version extension? Thanks

Sorry, I can't see an option for automatically leaving the .1 off the end of the filename.

To get the.1 off just rename the file without the .1

dsell
5-Regular Member
(To:AnthonyHoward)

your IT department has to make it so you can see it.  It is not a creo option

PhilSmith
3-Visitor
(To:dsell)

I do it all the time. It's a windows function. Click on the file name in explorer and right click "rename" then take off the.1 at the end and enter..............done. Then do to a new excel and click file open and browse to the file. You man have to play around with the columns bringing it in. Too bad the excel sheet does not update when you change things in pro/e, with it did.

Top Tags