cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Export to dxf 12

jcolon
3-Visitor

Export to dxf 12

I have a vendor asking for a DXF of a model but in version 12. When I save the drawing, I got the option of changing which DXF version to 12 (default is set to 13), but I don't have that option with the model. Does it make a difference?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Javier,

According to article CS134024, you can import/export the following versions:

dxf_version.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Javier,

According to article CS134024, you can import/export the following versions:

dxf_version.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't read that article.

Does this apply to the model or just the drawing? I'm not really sure if there is a difference. When I export from a DRW I get the option to change DXF versions, but when I try from the model I get no choice, therefor I have no idea which version of DXF it is using as a default.

BTW, I have Creo 2.o M220, would this chart still apply? I seem to have all the same option in this chart, but you were very specific on the fact that it was M180.

Hi Javier,

Sign up for a web account here.  Then you will be able to read the entire article.

This should be for both model and drawing; and for Creo Parametric 2.0 M180 and newer datecodes.

Thanks,

Amit

Thanks a ton!

Please note:

DXF was developed for 2D translation. Best results come from the DRW.

Top Tags