cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Exporting animationto blender

Timo77
1-Newbie

Exporting animationto blender

Hello,

I'm a mechanical engineering student from germany currently working on my bachelor thesis.

I've modeled some kind of hexapod in Creo and animated it in the mechanics tab with data I got from Matlab/Simulink.

Now I'd like to render it in blender. I've done this several times and it worked perfectly by exporting the model as .stl-file. But I never had any animation in my models.

Is there any possibility to export the animated model into blender?

Thanks

Timo

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:Timo77)

Hello Timo, my knowledge of this area is very limited, but do I understand correctly: - you have modeled a mechanism in a Creo assembly - you want to use an external software to render an animation of the mechanism - hence, you need to export the different animation steps as STL format, to process them in the other software Gunter

Timo77
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

Thank you for your answer. You understood correctly. Thats the thing I want to do.

I was hoping that there was an easier way to bring my animation to blender.

Do you know if there is any function in Creo that automates the process of exporting my stl-files? Or do I have to export every single frame by hand?

gkoch
1-Newbie

I fear this will be the case. As far as I can see, you even have to leave Mechanism mode to save the model in another format (such as STL). It seems to me, the idea is that you rather generate the animation inside Mechanism (with Capture in the Animate dialog). If you still want to export every frame to SLA, I can only suggest to make use of mapkeys to add some automatism to the process of exporting, entering mechanism again, etc...

Timo77
1-Newbie

Thank you for your answers. I think I will animate it directly inside Blender. That should be the easier way.

At least I now know that it isn't realy achievable the way I wanted to do it. Thanks

GabrielZaha
12-Amethyst

Did you tried to export as MPEG format directly from Creo?

capture.jpg

Sorry but this is unrewarding because I want to render the 3D-files so I don't need a videofile out of Creo...

gkoch
1-Newbie

Just for my curiosity: With Creo you can render still pictures and videos of the mechanism. Isn't that exactly what rendering the 3D files would do?

Timo77
1-Newbie

thats right but I want to render it in Blender because there I have more controll over the renderer an there are functions like for example camera tracking where you take a video for example with your mobilephone and then include rendered geometry into it. It would be great if you could import Creo objects into your animations because animating mechanisms in Creo is much easier than in Blender.

So my target is not to get a render of my product but including a Creo-animated mechanism into Blender

Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsSYhoMNY-4

Thats basically what I'm trying to do.

Top Tags