cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Exporting parts as ipt and assembies as iam

ptc-5017505
1-Newbie

Exporting parts as ipt and assembies as iam

I've created a couple of parts in Creo Parametric 2.0 and I'm required to export it as Inventor files (parts as .ipt and assemblies .iam) from Creo. Is it possible?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I see only Inventor .iv file format for both part and assembly in the "save-as" list. However, there may be more options available but they have to be choosen at the time of Creo install. I had this issue with CoCreate files which were not even listed without the interface option choosen during install.

Does inventor have anything for accepting .iv files? Or a way to import Creo files? There is always STEP, DXF, and DWG.

From Wiki:

Inventor can exchange data with applications such as CATIA V5, UGS, SolidWorks, and Pro/ENGINEER. Inventor supports direct import and export of CATIA V5, JT 6, JT 7, Parasolid, Granite, UG-NX, SolidWorks, Pro/E, and SAT files.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodesk_Inventor

Top Tags