cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Exporting to PDF From Creo 3.0

jmoran
4-Participant

Exporting to PDF From Creo 3.0

Hello all,

I'm new to posting on this forum but I have been using Creo, Pro/E, for many years.  I have a question about exporting a drawing to a PDF from Creo 3.  When I perform an export, the PDF file name is output with all lowercase letters.  Is there a way have the file export with the letters as all caps?

Example of current output:

example123.pdf

Example of desired output:

EXAMPLE123.pdf

I'm not sure if this is possible.  Has anyone else encountered this or been able to modify this?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm currently using Creo 3.0 M100

Regards,

Jason

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Jason,

When exporting to PDF, the default behavior is to provide the name in all lower case.  The user has the option to rename it, using all upper case, and the resulting PDF file will be created in all upper case.

Thanks,

Amit

jmoran
4-Participant
(To:AmitDeshpande)

Thanks for the feedback Amit.  I do know that the user has the option to rename it using all upper case.  One thing I forgot to mention was that I created a Mapkey to do the exporting process for me with a single keystroke.  It would be nice if there was a way to change the default behavior of all lower case to all upper case. 

James62
10-Marble
(To:jmoran)

Hi,

I remember trying to solve this very same problem few years ago. Couldn't find a solution.

These days I'd propably solve it using JLink API. Java might just be able to rename the pdf file right after it's created in work dir.

jmoran
4-Participant
(To:James62)

Hi James,

I'll look into Jlink API and see if I can get that to work. If it does, I will let you know.

Hi,

I think you can create AutoIt script which gets part/assembly/drawing name from window title, transform it to uppercase text and put it into export dialog box. You can launch such script using Creo mapkey.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags