cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

External Simplified Representation in PVZ representations

anicot
3-Visitor

External Simplified Representation in PVZ representations

Hello,

When we convert in "positionning assembly" an assembly which is an ESR, content of representation is empty.

I know there is a case about this problem :

CS134023

In structure tab in Windchill, we can see a good representation of the assembly in the representation window.

Is there really no solution ?

To convert assembly in normal mode is not a solution for us. because our assemblies are big assemblies.

We have to convert all of them in "Positionning assembly".

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:anicot)

Looking into the internal notes of this article, I can say that a lot of experienced people have discussed about this limitation, so I believe if there is a way to show the ESR as positioning assembly, it would be documented in the article.

But taking a step back: Does the choice have to be between positioning assembly (empty) and regular assembly (huge)? Maybe someone has an alternative idea / an intermediate solution?

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Arnaud,

If the simplified representations were published from the original standard assembly...would you need ESR's? Here is my logic:

1 assembly - 10 simplified reps -> one Windchill publish -> Load one assembly in Creo View - Access to 10 simplified reps in Viewable tab.

Versus

1 assembly - 10 ESR assemblies -> 11 Windchill publishes -> 11 different assemblies to load in Creo view.

There are many downstream benefits to having one assembly with the variations with Creo View connected to Windchill such as creating annotation sets, mark-ups, videos, interference detections and grouping functionality.

There is also nice functionality with Creo Illustrate and PVZ files with simp reps published.

lkoeniguer
5-Regular Member

Hello Arnaud,

We have the same issue !

We use ESR to Create a simplified environment and we add some others ASM directly in these ESR.

After that, we can easily create our assembly Drawing.

Unfortunately these ESR are not correctly convert by Windchill and positioning assembly option....

Top Tags