cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

FONT

agaribay
3-Visitor

FONT

Can anyone recommend a good font for drawings?  (Where #1 does not look like an L).

Thank you

-Art

CREO 2.0

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
llie
16-Pearl
(To:agaribay)

We use ISOFONT. You have to type it in as it is not on a list, but it fixes exactly what you are running into.

cprice
6-Contributor

If you would like, you will need to set a config option to " use_pre_wildfire_text_font" yes - remove the quotation marks!!!!

and copy this attachment into the C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M190\x86e_win64\text\usascii or where ever your load point is

this is the modified version of the ascii.fnt for 64 bit workstations. Make sure this is used on a 64 bit machine - it will crash a 32 bit machine.

It has the seraphs on the 1 and a / thru the zero.

(rename the original ascii.fnt to asci_orig.fnt)

As you can see, it was used in my past life for many years.

CP

cprice
6-Contributor
(To:cprice)

OOPS! that's the 32 bit font - I'll grab the 64 bit one in the morning.

cprice
6-Contributor
(To:cprice)

Here is the correct ascii.fnt  for 64 bit

DCG
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

I agree, ISOFONT is the one to use, so a "1" looks like a one and not an "L".  You can make it your default font in the drawing setup file.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

We switched to ISOFONT about 5 years ago and all the complaints stopped.

Be sure to redo your template files and the tables in your template drawings, too.

dcokin
13-Aquamarine

I use Arial. Similar to Helvetica, but more ubiquitously available; e.g. it comes pre-installed on all windows machines. Add "pro_font_dir C:\Windows\Fonts" to your config.pro, or it won't be among the available options. Without that line, Creo only has access to the fonts that came with it, not all the ones on the machine.  (CG Triumvirate is also similar, and comes with Creo.  But, I think Arial is preferred, as it doesn't need to be embedded or stroked in PDFs.)

I looked at this very hard several years ago.

I found the distinguishing characters L, I, 1, & l are each differentiated where there is no ambiguity in the ISO30985FONT font.

O and 0 are still very close, but there is still differentiation.

I find the mono-space of ISO30985FONT useful.

I also stroke all fonts for drawings.

Top Tags