cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Family parts with combined views

arademacher
1-Newbie

Family parts with combined views

I have a part with several standard combined views (we are using a MBD approach) and a derived part through a family table instance. The problem is that the combined views are not applied to the derived part and when I try to manually create them, I get an error saying that the name of the combined state is already in use. I know that I could simply assign unique names for each derived part but that would be confusing to those who need to interrogate the part down the road. Hopefully I'm missing something. We're using Creo 2 M070.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Abraham,

I opened my generic model and opened the Task Manager.  I clicked on the All tab and created a few combined views.  I then opened my family table instance and opened the View Manager.

The combined views I created in the generic are still visible in the All tab of the instance.

Please tell me if you are doing the same, and not seeing the Combined Views in the instance, which were created in the generic?

Thanks,

Amit

Yes, I've done the same process but on this particular part the combined views are not showing up. I think there is some sort of bug because when I save a copy of the generic part and then open the copy, then the combined views are being displayed correctly for all instances. Problem is that I don't know how to fix the original file.

Abraham,

The way to fix the original file is to file a SPR, and have PTC R&D fix it or you can use the model you copied from the original one, which seems to have fixed the issue.

Amit

I just fixed the problem file by removing the combined views from the generic part then opening an instance in the family tree and manually re-adding the combined views there. The views propagated to the generic properly and all instances now show the combined views.

Top Tags