cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Feature relationship tree

kimndave9
1-Newbie

Feature relationship tree

Is there a way to produce a feature dependency diagram, similar in appearance to a genealogy tree?

It would be useful to see the dependencies graphically spread out all at once.

Dave S.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You could go to rightclick feature (menutree) -> info-> reference viewer.

I think this maybe what you are looking for

Tony

Several have suggested Info/(Global/feature) reference viewer - for which I say thanks for taking the time to respond.

However - Feature reference viewer only looks at one feature at a time, where I would like to see the relationships all at the same time (or as many as can fit on the screen and be legible.)

Check genealogy.about.com/od/free_charts/ig/genealogy_charts/family_tree.htm for a decorative example of the format.

One suggestion was WF 4, which I don't have yet - is it similar to the family tree on the linked page?

Dave S.

Hi Dave,

I believe they must be talking about the WF4 functionality. Aside from the cheesy graphics, this presentation from last year addresses some of the functionality http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/do/sd/sid=560&type=0

PTC has a decent video of using the tool here http://ptc.com/appserver/wcms/relnotes/note.jsp?&im_dbkey=50814&icg_dbkey=826

Joshua Houser
MCAD Tools Administrator
Pelco
Worldwide Headquarters:
3500 Pelco Way
Clovis, CA 93612-5699 USA
Phone 559/292-1981
North America 800/289-9100
-

www.pelco.com

Top Tags