cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

File Export From Pro E to Ansys

ptc-5004141
1-Newbie

File Export From Pro E to Ansys

Which version of Pro E wildfire 5 is compatible with Ansys 14? I'm using Creo M080. There is no option in pro E to export the file directly to Ansys 14 workbench. If file is imported in workbench, it gives error. Whats the solution?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

Hi Kashif,

You can export your 3D model from Pro/E in STEP and PARASOLID format and then import it in Ansys Workbench.

My 3D model is an assembly. I've made that using top to down approach so there is a skeleton in it. Also the joints are welded. Using PARASOLID or STEP format, the weldings are not treated as weld. Please help me because I'm blocked in my work at this point. Thanks alot

When you import a geometry in project of static analysis ("Static Structural" -> "Geometry" -> "Import Geometry") there is appears a list of supported files. Here's how the list looks like in Ansys Workbench 13.0 version:

Pic_1.png

You can also add a spot weld already in Ansys.

P.S. I may try to import your assembly in ".asm" format in Ansys Workbench 13.0 static structural project.

How can I share my assembly with you, using Google Drive?

Also if you can share a link having information about spot weld in Ansys workbench.

What will be the size of your assembly if it is compressed in the archive (by using WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip)? You can attach to a message a file with a maximum size of 50 Mb.

Pic_2.PNG

ok here it is.

Hi,

I have created two static analysis projects and used as geometry Parasolid and STEP file formats. This files "car.x_t" and "car_asm.stp" must be placed along the path: "C:\Temp\".

I will reply you soon.

Thanks a lot

Just note that I got the error in Ansys Workbench 13.0 when trying to directly import geometry in Pro/E ".asm" format.

I'm sorry VladimirN that the file which i had shared with you was not the one having welding in it. Soon I will send you a file having welding in it. I will also share the value of pressure applied on the seat and engine plate of the assembly. Actually using parasolid, the weld features are not converted as weld features rather they are only surfaces having no mass and volume. Ansys gives an error here.

There are some assembly quilts in the geometery of PARASOLID static analysis project which have no thickness, So Ansys gives an error there and stops the solution. In STEP static analysis project, one rod is not generated.

Also if you can help me in welding the joints as the stresses at joints are to be analyzed.

Top Tags