cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Find drawing model referenced in note or table

LarsZiegler
5-Regular Member

Find drawing model referenced in note or table

Hello!

I have to find out which drawing model (more models in drawing) is used for the titleblock.
For example the cell of the format table contains &TITLE:2.

How can I find out, which model is referenced to that parameter?
Or how can I read the session ids of the models?

Thanks!

Greetings Lars

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:LarsZiegler)

Drop the text from the attached text file into a note or table cell. This will show you the model name for each session ID active in the drawing. Just don't attempt to copy the note or table between drawings because after it's been evaluated once, any parameters not in session will lose their "&" parameter designator and simply become dead text lines.

Tom U.
LarsZiegler
5-Regular Member
(To:LarsZiegler)

Hello Tom!

Thanks for the answer.

I will do it like that!
I know the ID. Can get it from TITLE:2 and so I create a note with &model_name:2 and &type:2 and can read the modelname and type after that.

Greetings Lars

Here is my favorite way of dealing with this issue: Simply add the attached note to your drawing... (hint - save it to your Pro/E standards folder for future reference...)

Top Tags