cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Fix for the Creo 2.0 Parametric GD&T creation tool font issues?

cboone
1-Newbie

Fix for the Creo 2.0 Parametric GD&T creation tool font issues?

Hello Creo community!

I have encountered something interesting. Firstly, I have changed my default drawing font to a system font (Century Gothic), and everything has been working fine until today. I needed to print a drawing of some geometric tolerances so I used the geometric tolerance tool. However, when I print the drawing on the company printer, there is a slight error when using MMC. This error goes away only when the default font (named "font", at least for us) is applied. (See the attached picture, which is a picture of the printed drawing). The lower DRFs came out fine and, looking at the upper DRFs, the bottom one of the pair was switched to the default font and printed correctly. The red circle contains the error. MMC seems to shift things in an awkward way for the font so the letters and lines do not render to the printer correctly.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cboone)

The issue your running into has to do with how Creo handles mixed fonts.  If you print with TrueType fonts enabled, Creo will try to convert the non-TrueType fonts into some other TrueType font and this messes up the formatting.  If you want to guarantee that what you see on the screen matches what you actually get out of the system, set the printing option to "Stroke all fonts".

Starting in Creo 3, printing with TrueType fonts enabled will stroke all non-TrueType fonts and only output TrueType fonts where they actually exist.  This is vastly improved over previous versions and fixes the issues your seeing when printing.  Creo 4 will extend this behavior even further to include PDF output as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cboone)

The issue your running into has to do with how Creo handles mixed fonts.  If you print with TrueType fonts enabled, Creo will try to convert the non-TrueType fonts into some other TrueType font and this messes up the formatting.  If you want to guarantee that what you see on the screen matches what you actually get out of the system, set the printing option to "Stroke all fonts".

Starting in Creo 3, printing with TrueType fonts enabled will stroke all non-TrueType fonts and only output TrueType fonts where they actually exist.  This is vastly improved over previous versions and fixes the issues your seeing when printing.  Creo 4 will extend this behavior even further to include PDF output as well.

Top Tags