cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Frozen Table

RJS
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Frozen Table

Does anyone know how to "un-freeze" a drawing table? I'm trying to add a row to a table and getting the message, "You may not perform this action on a frozen table." I'm getting that message for just about anything I try. Has anyone run across this?
6 REPLIES 6
DELETEME
1-Newbie
(To:RJS)

Honestly I ran across that once too, I managed to get it to work again, but damned if I remember how. sorry!

Frozen tables occurs when you open a drawing in "NO-VIEW" rep.

All you need to do is to open the drawing again with "ALL VIEWS" rep.

And there you go! Now you can do any operation on tables.

Please explain "no view" and "all view" reps

"No Views" can be helpful with very large assembly drawings. It allows you to make text edits to tables without having to open the full drawing.

To open a drawing and un-freeze the tables, I do this:

Open the drawing and select Open Representation

You wil then get a new window that will probably say "All Views" and "No Views"...at the bottom of this window will be a button that says Create New Drawing Rep. Hit that button.

A drawing rep tool window will then open up. There will be two tabs, Look at the Drawing Display tab. At the bottom is a setting for Table Preferences. It is probably set to Frozen, click Updating and hit OK. The final step is to Execute the new rep in the Drawing Rep window. Select the new Rep (probably REP0001 if you didn't select a name) and you should be good to edit the tables

It might be a good a feature, but you probably reached limits of the software and need to break your model into more sub-assemblies.  I open a drawing and I don't get asked if I want the view to load the models too.  Under tables tab, inside Rows & Columns there should be a toggle for freeze and unfreeze tables, no buts about it.  PTC failed on this simple option.  Again.  Should not have to google how to operate this feature. 

Quick Solution is just copy & past your BOM table in same sheet delete previous table now you can edit current table 🙂

Top Tags