cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

GD&T text issue

jme
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

GD&T text issue

New Creo user here and this is my first drawing in this package (hard program to figure out)  anyways below is a screen shot of  flatness GD&T call out, as you can see the text is dual as well as the value, what caused this and I can't seem to edit it.  any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jme)

Go to FILE - PREPARE - DRAWING PROPERTIES - CHANGE find the option DUAL_DIMENSIONING under the "these options control dimension"  and set it to NO to turn it off.

jme
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:StephenW)

Thanks, but I need to keep the dual dims on, I just need to figure out how to change the GD&T text

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I'm not sure I'm following but unfortunately, dual dimensioning is an all or nothing setting. All dimensions and tolerances will show as dual.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question?

I don't know exactly how you want to edit but the first thing in order to get to it is to select your annotation tab.

if you hover over it a long time, it may show gdt to select or rmb over gdt > pick from list > gdt may get you to the dialog box faster.

edit box should be up

another way is to select the view holding the gdt, in the left side drawing tree the view will highlight, open the gdt annotations and RMB the gdt that highlights to edit

(doing this from memory and in a hurry so forgive it i miss a step...)

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Your dual dimension setting is probably not set correctly.  Your primary is metric and secondary is English on the rest of the drawing.

I don't know how you got both to show up as inch, but that is where the problem lies.

Being new to Creo also means you have maintenance.  Use this feature!

If you have an IT person that deals with this, have them sign you up for creating support cases.  If this is your personal seat, you need to sign up on the PTC website.

There is no dumb questions with regard to Creo.  If something is slowing you down, submit the support case.  And of course, feel free to ask here as well.  Sometimes we'll beat the support response.

Top Tags