cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

General Notes in Drawings--Hanging Indent

aeromorrison
1-Newbie

General Notes in Drawings--Hanging Indent

Hi all,

I'm just getting back up to speed with Creo after having used other products for the last 6-8 years. Prior to that I used Pro/E extensively.

I'm having trouble creating a 'hanging indent' on drawing general notes. I thought about using a table to get the correct alignment of text, but it's not possible to hide the outermost border of the table.

As an example, if I have a lengthy note, the word wrap and indenting makes it hard to read.

here is what I get

NOTES:

1. This is a lengthy note about some

aspect of the drawing definition.

2. This is shorter second note.

this is what I'd like (notice hanging indent on the second line of the 1st note

NOTES:

1. This is a lengthy note about some

aspect of the drawing definition.

2. This is shorter second note.

Do you have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,

Adam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Seriously we either add spaces... or make the numbers separate pieces of text.

There are some other tricks... some people make a SYMBOL that controls the layout of the note. Other people pre-format them and load them in. Rarely people will just embed a chunk of a word document on the field of the drawing. This is possible with the Format->Object feature (but I don't recommend it... tends to be flaky).

I tried a few more ideas but... frankly they aren't very good. You can make the table and then set the color of the outer border to some unused color (like the color for sheetmetal). Then, in a pen table file or with your config.pro settings you can instruct that color not to print.

Just some thoughts... but like I said, all of these ideas are rather bad!

Thanks. It is at least helpful to know that I'm not totally missing something.

The 'adding spaces' idea only works well if using a fixed-width font. As much as I personally like fixed-width fonts, it isn't really an option for my current projects.

The table/pen table idea is interesting, although (like you said) a bit of a workaround. It sure would be nice if the outer border of tables could be blanked. This would be a really simple solution.

It seems like this would be a common need for nearly everybody who makes production-quality drawings. Anybody else have input?

Top Tags