cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Generating images from Views

EngineerJ
1-Newbie

Generating images from Views

I often need to generate high resolution images for all views of top level assembly. I tried to make a mapkey but it works to produce single image. Here are some issues i got :

1. Even when i use to rember keyboard inputs, it still asks for filename, page size and resolution.. which takes lot of time and interrupts

2. For quite sometime, it stopped taking user inputs at all and accpets defaults. I know i didnt make it that way initially

How can i automatically create images which are named after their view-name with extension jpg and a non defualt resolution of 300? Or at least i can change such defualts which will reduce time for each save as operation?

Any help is appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the forum, Junaid.

I might suggest a different tact. Have you played with animations?

Nice thing about animations is the ability to recall views at intervals, and you can even set display states which really helps in creating presentation "flow".

Animations can be output as images and even force a phororender between frames. The output will be <filename>001, ...002, etc. but the point is, it outputs a series of images and if you have the frame rate in line with the image switching, you got yourself a self-generating presentation sequence.

The other plus is being able to specify the frame size (although there are some bugs at larger frames). You can tune the window for std 3:4 frames or wide screens, etc.

And in the end, you can save the whole series so you can repeat it if there is a design change with a simple recall of the animation sequence.

Many thanks. It will do the basic purpose.

However, i would be open/ interested to further explore the issues of mapkeys and defaults.

Top Tags